almost 5 years ago
Some things you need to know for CoolerHack this weekend:
Parking: Free and plentiful in the lot right outside the door. Enter the door with the big "Gathering Spot" sign.
Have questions about the challenge?
- We have a Q&A thread going with Coke executives and engineers here: https://hackpad.com/ep/group/Do86sj6iWv0 (scroll down to Q&A)
- On Friday at 7:30, we're doing a live video conference with Mariam Prado from Coca-Cola Japan who is intimately involved with this initiative. Prepare your questions!
- If you haven't gotten an invitation to our Slack channel, let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org). We have one channel for participants and another where you can ask questions to the #coaches
- Friday @ 6:30 - Come meet the other participants, check out the coolers, see the supplies, test the wifi, and ask Miriam Prado lots of tough questions at 7:30.
- The rest of the schedule is at coolerhack.devpost.com
What to bring:
- Bring: laptop and any unique hardware, tools and supplies you need
- We'll have: duck tape, electrical tape, wires, a soldering station, a couple of 3D printers, flip charts, post it notes, markers, power strips, extension cords, CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Starter Kits, and a few extra sensors, resistors, boards...
- All the food and drink you need
If you are participating remotely:
- We'll try to get a livestream going so you can join us virtually
- Join Slack and take advantage of the #coaches channel
- We'll give you more specifics about what we want you to submit. In short, imagine I am taking what you submit and pitching it to Coke executives without you in the room. Give me what I need to be succesful in convincing them to have a second meeting with you. Submit it via the devpost portal (http://coolerhack.devpost.com/submissions)
- Ask in Slack or email me at email@example.com
See you tomorrow!